Monday, January 19, 2009

Don't Let The Screen Door Hit You On Your Way Out.....



How many people woke up this morning thinking that thought? Going to bed on Monday night I felt just like a little kid on Christmas Eve, so excited that I couldn't sleep (O.K., so maybe it was that afternoon latte thankyouverymuch, Starbucks!)

I can't help hoping that, like Bob Newhart and Suzanne Pleshette, we're just going to wake up Tuesday morning and the last eight years will have been a dream- a really bad one at that.

Well, we're awake now, and as soon as we've had our coffee and pop-tarts it'll be time to get to work, which, I guess is why I've started this blog. I was going to just add a new chapter to the blog that Rachel and I started on our trip across country (see "A Long Strange Trip"), but then I decided that I had a real desire to start something entirely new, my monument to change, if you will. Well, there you have it.

I'm hoping that this will be a place to record the highs and lows of my "January 20, 2009 Resolutions". The title "A New Thread" is a play on words hopefully evoking a feeling of change and/or knitting, with maybe a little cooking, photography (mostly pictures of my knitting and cooking), and, ahem, exercise thrown in. It was only fitting that I launch my new blog on this most auspicious occasion, where everything looks doable.

I'll try to post often; feel free to email me with feedback (especially you young whippersnappers...if you have any helpful blogging techniques, let me know...) There may be a slight lag occasionally between posts; my Wii yoga instructor gets very testy when I don't show up at least every other day- (those Wii instructors can get very snarky.)

And so, in the words of Bob Newhart, "You really should wear more sweaters." Words to live by.

P.S. You can get updates on all new posts by clicking that little link at the bottom of the post that says "Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)" or click on the link at the top of the page on the right where it says "Posts"....(go on, click it, you know you want to.) It's really easy, especially if you have a gmail account. All the really cool kids have gmail accounts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment